Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's Official: I'm Backpacking Around the World for a Year

Croatia - Stari Grad
Nightime Picture of Stari Grad, Croatia
 
See you later New York; I just booked my ticket. I've decided to take a year off school in order to explore this beautiful planet. I've been working my butt off and saving up for this trip for a good two years. And now, my dream will finally come true. It feels good to say that.

I will start my trip in Poland. Most of my family still lives there and I'm excited to get a chance to break bread with them again. My little brother will be coming with me for the summer, and while in Poland, we are planning to buy a cheap car that will get us from point A to point B—and back. We are planning a hippie-like road trip across Europe (mostly western and central Europe) from the end of June till the end of July. At this point, my brother will be going back to the States as he is starting his first year of college. And I will continue my trip. Exciting times for the Tomasiewicz family :D

Once my brother leaves, I plan on picking up a friend and driving to Budapest, as well as Croatia, and staying in these places for a couple months. Budapest is my favorite city in the world, with its beautiful architecture and public bath houses, and I've been wanting to go back there ever since I visited in 2012. I also want to explore Croatia, as I've heard it is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I can't wait to swim and cliff-dive into the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic Sea. But what is my next step after Croatia? Who knows. Maybe India? Maybe Southeast Asia? I'll go with whatever feels right and as a matter of fact, I'm glad I don't know yet. The ability to go wherever the wind takes you is exactly what makes travel so exciting and beautiful.

If you have any suggestions about places to visit during my road trip around Europe please comment below. I would love to hear your recommendations!

2 comments:

  1. If you can Tasmania is my favorite place. They have the longest zip line in the world in Launceston. I also think you should have Kenny Loggins Conviction of the Heart as your theme song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasmania is definitely a place I am considering. I heard the castles are beautiful. Thanks for the feedback! :D

      Delete